Learn what to say on your first date to make your date more comfortable and increase your chances of finding love.
Location: Good Times Bar, 9.23pm
A man is in two minds whether or not he should talk to the woman who caught his eye the entire evening
Man: (Thinking) Deep breaths, deep breaths. You can do this. It’s just a girl – A very sexy, ridiculously out of my league girl, but a girl nonetheless. And besides, if you fail, it’s not like you’ll ever see her again.
The girl’s friends leave the table and venture toward the bar, leaving her alone
Man: (Thinking) Now’s your chance. Just say it. How hard can it be? Hello. It’s one word for Pete’s sake. It’s not even a hard word. Now go tell her.
The boy walks halfway before turning around in disgust
Man: (Thinking) Just as I suspected. You’re nothing but a big, drunk kitten. Actually you’re worse. You’re the dead patch of grass that kitten takes a whiz on every day.
The girl catches the boy starring at her
Man: (Thinking) Oh crap. Now you’re really screwed. You’ll look like even more of a tool if you back out now.
Boy walks toward girl, this time going the journey
Man: Ah, hello.
Woman: Hi there. How are you tonight?
Man: Ah, good.
Man: Well, would you look at the time. I better get going. Bye.
Woman: (Puzzled) Ok, have a good night then.
Man: (Thinking) You know you’re not even wearing a watch. Why do I bother?
Let’s play 20 Questions!
Saying hello is tough. What’s even tougher is what comes next. To avoid awkward situations like these, here are 20 conversation-fuelling questions to ask someone you’ve just met:
1. If you were a celebrity in a movie who would you be?
2. If you could build any house in the world what would it look like? Describe the rooms, etc.
3. What animal describes you best?
4. If you were a DJ, what would the soundtrack to your life consist of?
From birth, to being a teen, to early adult hood to present.
5. What would you really love to do in the next five years, if you could do anything?
6. Tell me about your first kiss!
7. What are the qualities of your ideal relationship?
8. What scares you the most about opening your heart to your partner?
9. Has any book or movie made an impact on you?
10. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
11. What were your life-changing moments?
12. What is the weirdest thing about you?
13. Which is the one book that has really impressed you?
14. Would you have plastic surgery done on your body?
15. What was your most embarrassing moment?
16. Tell me about your family/ best friend.
17. What was the craziest thing you ever did when you were a kid?
18. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
19. What would be the title of your biography?
20. Did you hear about the insert breaking news story here? What did you think about it?