Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
Two-thirds of people report that they fall in love with someone they’ve known for some time vs. someone that they just met.
Falling in love can induce a calming effect on the body and mind.
Eleven percent of women have gone online and done research on a person they were dating or were about to meet, versus seven percent of men.
Couples’ personalities converge over time to make partners more and more similar.
The oldest known love song was written 4,000 years ago and comes from an area between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
- Wearing a wedding ring on the fourth finger of the left hand dates back to ancient Egypt, where it was believed that the vein of love ran from this finger directly to the heart.
- The longest engagement on record was Octavio Guillen and Adriana Martinez. After “dating” for 67 years, they finally got married. They were both 82.
- The most married man in history, in the monogamous category, was Glynn Wolfe, a former Baptist minister from Blythe, California. He was married twenty-eight times.
- The most married woman in history, in the monogamous category, was Linda Lou Essex from Anderson, Indiana, who was married twenty-two times.
- The oldest groom was Harry Stevens, who at the age of 103 married Thelma Lucas, a young 84. They were wed in Beloit, Wisconsin in 1984.
- The oldest bride was 102 year old Minnie Munro, who married an 83 year old gentleman named Dudley Reid in Point Clare, New South Wales, Australia.
- The youngest couple ever to marry was an eleven month old boy and a three month old girl who were married in Bangladesh in 1986. The marriage was arranged in order to settle a twenty year feud over a disputed piece of farmland.
- Two couples share the record for the longest marriage in history. Sir Temulji Bhicaji Nnman and Lady Nariman were married from 1853 until 1940, when he died. Lazarus Rowe and Molly Weber were married in Greenland, New Hampshire in 1743 and remained married until 1829, when she died after their having been married for 86 years.
- One in five long-term love relationships began with one or both partners being involved with others.
- The largest mass wedding was held in The Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea where 35,000 people were married in a ceremony officiated by Sun Myung Moon. Another 325,000 couples around the world participated in the August 25, 1995 event via satellite link.
- Richard and Carol Roble are the most re-married couple. They wed each other 56 times, beginning in 1969.
- The longest wedding dress was found in Germany with a length of 515 feetAccording to mathematical theory, we should date a dozen people before choosing a long-term partner; that provides the best chance that you’ll make a love match.
- People are more likely to tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left (65 percent of people go to the right!).
Have a relationships-based question? Want a man’s perspective?