Are you single and don’t know where to begin when it comes to online dating services? Well, let me shed some light. After all, knowledge is power.
Back in the olden days, when most us were but small children, there was no such thing as the Internet, and computers weren’t exactly used for the purpose of relationships. If you wanted a partner, you had to rely on your friends, family, work colleagues and people skills to meet The One.
Today, the world is our oyster. There are countless forms of communication that make meeting new people as easy as clicking a button. Online dating services are great for busy professional men and women. Not online can you effectively search and filter your criteria for the perfect person, you can also take your search worldwide.
Matchmaking, on the other hand, is the process by which a professional third party provides an introduction between two people for the purpose of marriage. Although professional matchmaking is a relatively new industry in Australia, professional introduction agencies have been in existence throughout Europe and North America since the 1960s.
Matchmaking Vs Internet Dating
- Matchmaking adopts a more qualitative, personalised approach to converting singles to couples. Matchmakers use combination of scientific, values-based theories and software programs, as well as their own professional judgement to seek the best possible candidate that fulfils their client’s needs and wants.
- Matchmaking is a safer, more hassle-free way to meet professional singles. All candidates are screened before every introduction. Matchmaking is a more results-orientated profession. In many ways, its goal is to reduce, not increase the number of clientele.
- Matchmaking provides a strategic, holistic support network, whereas every aspect of internet dating is controlled by the user.
- Internet Dating allows you to control your own destiny. If you know what you want, all you need to do is to go out and get it.
- Your private matchmaking will provide feedback of ways to break old habits and create new ones that work. In addition, consultants provide advice on social skills, fashion, health and fitness, and much more.
- It effectively comes down to a question of Quality VS Quantity. Yes, the pool of singles is greater in the land of Internet dating, but there’s also no screening like there is in private matchmaking. And for time poor, results oriented professionals, finding The One is usually more desired than finding the one hundredth.